View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So glad to hear your feeling better! My daughter also seemed to do much better cognitively around 6 months. She is at 8-month mark right now. Headaches are way less severe and less frequent.

My daughter has some nystagmus (eye jumping) which seems to only appear now if she allows herself to get overly tired or overwhelemed by worrying about homework or grades or having too many things to do. We are still not stressing about her grades and her activities are fairly limited for a 16-year-old, but can't stop her from worrying somewhat.

When she gets a headache or nystagmus now I really have to "talk her down" from a panic. She says things like, "I thought this was over". I spend a lot of time reassuring her that things are getting better but that she is going to be more susceptible to headaches now and that's ok. The panic really exacerbates the symptoms. You might need to write down a little mantra for yourself when you have bad days to remind yourself that things are getting better.

The ups and downs of PCS can be brutal, especially when you start seeing the light at the end of the tunel. Sounds to me as though you've made lots of progress and you've got a great team of physicians helping you along. All the best!
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote