View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My pain in the neck

Thank you for all the nice replies. I was thinking seeing an orthopedic doc would be the way to go...but seems like neurology is also involved? The neuro I was seeing and gave me a PT referral didn't seem to think or say anything about seeing any other kind of doctor. My symptoms had seemed like TOS and it seems from this forum that is a very hard dx to get.

I posted my mri report result somewhere but here it is: " MRI shows normal signal intensity in the cord. There is a minimal central bulge of the C6-7 disk, not actually deforming the sac but containing a tiny annular fissure. Particular attention is paid to the left neural foramina, the appear patent without evidence of bony or soft tissue encroachment. There is no identifiable mass in the region of the brachial plexus, but please be advised that this study was not performed as a dedicated brachial plexus study.

IMPRESSION: Minimal bulge of C6-7 disk with a tiny annular fissure without any left lateralizing abnormalities identified. "

Remember, this study was done to see if it was TOS. My primary care also said it was basically just getting old....? Well I have even noticed if I sit a certain way the sensation goes up left side into head sort of tingly. ANd I have heard others on forum say that a brachial plexus study was the way they got dx! THe MRA was also clear, re the arteries.

Oh well, I will see what happens next.
lailavia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote