View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I;ll spill out what I get,, I get 1994.00 a month from SSDI,,, and my COBRA cost for me and my wife is 1390,, my short term disibility got cut to 150 a week becasue they offest what I get from SSDI,, I have been turned down for all state aid becasue my wife has a job that barely is above Minimum wage,, I have applied for long term disibility through the Hartford who is our union insurer for short term and long term disibility
I have been getting calls almost daily telling me first this is a recorded call,, and then I am asked questions,, vague questions about my condition,, I know where its all going,, they are trying to screw me out of LTD,, on a pre-exissting condition clause,,
We are at teh point that I need to drop my wife from COBRA,, and get her a policy for 450 a month,, I will pay 500,, so we save about 400 dollars a month,, but it comes with a 5000 deductible,,
Yes the illegals get everythng right away,, and yes I was one of the fortunate ones that got SSDI on the first try,, but I also think that the govt who gives gives and takes so much should look at what peole have to go through,, 2 year wait for medicare?,, its insane,, I dont dare drop my COBRA,, its a good plan,, and I was supposed to go to Mayo next month,, but I dont see that happening now,, not with the way our finances are,, and It amazes me that in this huge city of Pittsburgh that touts its cutting edge medical technology cannot tell me why my bodys nervous system is destroying itself that is prgressing atlight speed,, I dont have a life anymore, what good is disibility when you cant even go outside when its to hot,, or its even the least bit cool out,,
Last week all the letters from teh state came in,, Denied this,, denied that,, possible medical aid for me,, none for my wife,, LIHEAP,, denied,, now i;m waiting for the denial from Unemployment,,althoutgh I thought I made a good case to teh state of saying i am going to be retrained to do something,, so we;;ll see,, sorry for the long post,, its alonely house,, wife went out,, sons are out enjoyiong themselves,, and I am sitting here alone with my Doxie,, just sitting here in non stop pain, wondering why I amnot ina hospital with thiese Doctors trying once and for all figuring out wht is goingonwith my body,,
Feel the Burn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote