View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear Mari

Great! I am so glad this is helping your hubby!

Thanks for the feedback - it is nice to know.

Yes, I am 100% with you on the raw honey - especially when one is sick - it has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties not found in the cooked stuff. I only ever used to buy raw in the US, myself, but here, i can't get it so i have to make do...)

The whole lemon on the side??? Zykes! As well as lemon squeeze in? or does your husband not have lemon in it but just have it on the side?

As for the tea... you can pretty much use any tea or infusion that you like, and that you feel goes with the other flavors. I mostly use regular tea and under-brew it, but sometimes have used fruit infusions esp Red Zinger or similar. Peppermint sounds interesting... i might try that - thanks for the idea! When i am sick, i don't bother to put any tea or infusion in it at all, and just drink the stuff as a "hot spiced lemonade," but the caffeine from tea can provide a gentle of an energy boost, which can be desirable if one feels very weak.

Oh... another thing i do... very last thing after everything else. after i squeeze the lemon, i make grazes in the peel and twist it, with the peel side facing the liquid (it sometimes spritzes oil). Then i drop it into the tea and stir it up. This gets a lot of the lemon essential oil (very therapeutic/balsamic) out of the peel, and into the tea. the peel can be removed and discarded before serving or left in.

so glad you guys are enjoying this.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-04-2010), DiMarie (11-25-2012), Mari (04-04-2010)