View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Sarah, if you're contemplating applying for SSDI it's best to start preparing for it now. Make a list of all the doctors you've seen, their addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. You'll have to provide this on your application.

It's also a good idea to get a copy of your medical records from any doctor you've seen about your condition. Make sure they are all on the same page and make complete assessments so that the SSDI people won't have to keep going back and asking for additional information.

You can't work and apply at the same time. It's rough......but if you can't work you can't work.

I applied online because I have such a hard time writing. It still took me a long time to complete the application but I took my time and made sure my doctors knew what I was doing. I only had two doctors to list so that made it a little easier.

I think I got one phone call from the SSDI office about a month after I applied and within four weeks from that call I got my approval letter. I was shocked to say the least. The lady I spoke with said that my medical records were as thorough as she'd ever seen. I think that helped alot. I never thought I'd be so glad to sound so sick!

It's a painstakingly long process for some people and it's not easy waiting. Good luck to you.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote