Thread: one week today
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh Darkside, I can so relate to where you are. The end of May will be my 1 year mark for my "visit" to the psych ward. When I was released, I was feeling timid, afraid, guilty unable to believe that I had laid in bed for almost 3 years being depressed and trying to adjust to meds. In hindsight, I was doing a passive suicide, since I know I wouldn't kill myself because I know the pain of being a survivor of suicide (my mom). So I tried to be rational and tell myself that it wasn't suicide if I wasn't doing anything much to sustain my life.

Like I said, it's been almost a year, and what a change. Yeah, I lost my home after that, but I found hope again and what a great friend I have in real life, who let me move into his home. Then their is the great support that is offered by everyone here....they saved me more than they know and I will be forever grateful. Alffe and others know how bad I was and how far I've come. So please give your body a chance to adjust to the meds, if they don't work, try something else. Talk to us, we will listen, sometimes it just helps to talk, but please don't give up.

I too am happy that you weren't successful in your attempt, and hope you will come back and talk. Gentle hug
Xienite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-05-2010), barbo (04-04-2010), DMACK (04-13-2010), Hockey (04-05-2010), legalmania (04-05-2010), thelonely1 (04-04-2010)