View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 06:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Susan

Hey Susan and Vanessa

Vanessa - thats what my OT's did too - I wasn't sure what they were called in the US. I must admit that I am glad I went through the pain of desensitisation - being able to wear clothes again is brilliant! and being able to bear to touch stuff is even better! I remeber when I would be in tears from touching a keyboard, or from having to put my hands/ legs on anything - I remeber threatening to bite my physio when she tried to put my feet onto the floor.. but now I can tolerate it - it's not pleasant but it does get better.

Susan - do you have a number for an occupational therapist? could you ask your PCP to refer you to an occupational therapist - he should have some numbers.

Socks - I can't tell from the photos - but these look pretty similar to the type that I wear (though I have lots of knee length ones too made of the same material) http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb...0&type=Product (only an example).

Pants --> sounds like you are wearing shorts - I don';t know how cold Maine is atm - cold isn't it? if so you could try fleece lined hiking pants - I wear them all the time and they are brill - my legs are still cold but not as cold.

Tops --> Fleece is always a good one (again this depends on where you live obviously!) if not then boob tubes... gosh, I wish I was better at US language.. This is what a "boob tube" looks like http://www1.empirestores.co.uk/cgi-b...ct/View/KL0844 - I don't know if you can get them in the US? if you know a mate that sews they could probaly make you one in about an hour - get them to twist the material so the seam is on the outside - or get them to double the fabric over so that the material is double thick with the seam on the inside (literally creating a double circle of fabric. In fact you could remove the need for seams all together by using velcro...

erm - I live in fluccy socks, hot pants, hiking pants, vest tops and hoody fleeces 90% of the time. My neck covers I have to wear when I'm in my brace.

Hope this helps!!! (you can tell that mum had to make my clothes for my first couple years of RSD)

Rosie xxxxxx