View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Laura,

Thank you very much for the quick response. I wanted to let everyone that contributes to this thread know that I speak very highly of you all due to the continued support that you provide, among other things.

Thank you for the links to the levodopa information. I will read them shortly.

To answer your specific questions, yes, the dosages and medications that you listed above are what my mother is taking. She takes 2 pills at the same time, 3 times per day. One of the pills is the Sinemet 25/100 IR, and the second pill is the Sinemet 25/100 CR. Based on my understanding of the typical goal of CR, I am starting to convince myself more and more that my mother is overmedicated, or, perhaps the doctor's instructions for what to take and when to take it were misunderstood. I think I am going to ask my mother to call her doctor prior to the visit on the 26th to confirm that she is taking the dosages correctly.

Might I ask this question, and perhaps it is difficult to answer. Supposed that after the 26th the doctor recommends switching to only CR, using the IR meds only when needed. What is the liklihood that this adaption and change is going to take quite some time to be adjusted to? I understand from previous posts that this is really a trial and error process, but I am trying to prepare both myself and my mother for any delays that may be realized if the medication and/or frequency is changed.

Regarding the depression, she has been on a mild anxiety pill for quite some time. She started taking it after her 1st spinal fusion surgery in April of 2009.

Again, this is great information and will go into my journal and also will add to my list of questions that I am preparing for the 26th.

Thanks,

Matt
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote