Thread: So Sad... :(
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

F2U, I am listening and I agree with you. Anyone, male or female , sick or not, when they are used to being in the workforce for 25+ or more years they feel the emotional feelings that go with leaving or retiring, or going on disability.

I felt that way for years. I missed those I saw daily, worked with, and had great talks with. It comes back to us with a thud. I had friends in my neighborhood but I had to move, so there was a double loss of people I saw everyday.

So go ahead and whine, I'll bring the cheese. I am sure many will join in with the same feelings we share.

I do feel sad for you, and me too. So plenty of hugs to you my friend. You always have your friends on here. I have been out a few years longer than you but it still feels like yesterday when everything was *as usual*. Now it's not.

But just think out it. We know we can't go back and work. It is just too much for us. It can still make us think about it, when the memories come back.

Maybe try to make new friends in your area. Many people do. Or just sit outside and someone will come up to you and talk now that the weather is changing and more people are out and about.
{{{ hugs F2U }}}

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (04-05-2010), barb02 (04-05-2010), Friend2U (04-05-2010), Jappy (04-05-2010), Kitty (04-05-2010)