View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default T-Spine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clp2442 View Post
Hello all. I'm a 32 year old mother of two (10 months and 3.5 years). On the first of the year I fell on a wet tile floor, my feet went out from under me and I landed smack on my tailbone. I developed pain in my mid-back and had a MRI which revealed the herniations. I've been through physical therapy with no improvment and am slated for epidural steroid injections.

Has anyone dealt with herniations here? I hear they are quite rare and cannot find much information about them on the internet. Does the spinal cord impingement pose an issue? I have read it isn't good and an emergency surgery could be necessary at any time. I have pins/needles/numbness in my left arm. My worst pain is in the form of muscle spasms across my back in the T4 - T6 range, and pain that wraps around my chest.

Any insight or advice would be great.

Thanks.
I have alot of problems in my T-spine also and the Drs I have seen will not do anything until it is real bad because of the surgery is a bad one.
Here is my MRI

A very minimal conave deformity of the inderior endplate of T7 which ia chronic and benign. There are disc degenerative changes noted at T7-T8 where there is loss of disc space height and disc desiccation observed. Disc degenerative changes anteriorly at T8-T9 with marrow endplate changes are notedas well.A posterior desiccated disc extrusion centrally is noted at T7-T8 with mild dural sac compression and no direct cord impingement. a small left paracentral extrusion is present at T10-T11 without cord impingement. At T11-T12 a right paracentral extrusion is noted. This desiccated extrusion extend slightly above the disc space measuring 2 to 3 mm in size with mild right dural sac compression and mild anterior right cord flattening without canal stenosis
rfei57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote