View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused post lumbar decompression

It's been 4 months since my lumbar decompression. My hopes were high that it was contributing to my SFN. However, at this point, my feet are much worse than before the surgery. I only wish now that I could get back to my original baseline level of pain.

Beside the surgery, I have changed 2 things since then. One, I have stopped my B6 supplement which has caused my B6 level to drop from 117 to 28. Second, I have been unable to do my 2-3 days per week of water aerobics because of the surgery. All other meds are the same.

I have noticed that my tailbone area is more sensitive now which seems to be directly affect the feet pain. Sitting is very, very difficult. However, that same situation used to come and go prior to the surgery. I also have something going on in my right hip. I had an injection in it about a week ago which has eased the pain but time will tell if that solves it.

So now I wonder, did the surgery flare up the SFN? Are the nerves trying to repair in my feet and are therefore firing like crazy now or exactly what is happening?

I hope to return to the water aerobics very soon. Once I do so, it will be very interesting to see what effect the resumed routine will have on the pain.
atltom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote