Thread: How do I feel
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

It's so hard to try and describe symptoms to someone else. I've tried before and somehow it just doesn't quite express how severe some of them really are.

When I've tried to explain my balance issues to my family I've often said it "feels like I've had one too many drinks" or "I feel tipsy". Another way I've described my off-balance sensations is that it's like walking across a swinging bridge. After you're off there's that sensation of movement when there is none. I'm not exactly dizzy (tho some would argue that! ) but just feel off balance.

My Optic Neuritis can be described as trying to look through waxed paper or having hair hanging in front of my eye.

I hope you are able to show them some of your symptoms while you're there. You almost need someone to follow you around with a video recorder all day for them to get a glimpse of "a day in the life of MS".

I'm sure others will chime in with their descriptions, too.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debw (04-07-2010), Lady (04-05-2010)