View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Eddy,

Both, the bumpy ride may have just been too much motion for a PCS brain. Or you may have caused a decompensation (relapse). I cannot handle bumpy roads at all. A trick I use when I know the road will be bumpy is to sit forward so that my back is not against the seat back. Then, there is an amazing amount of bump energy absorption by the body when the back is able to flex and move. I do this same thing on shaky roller coasters, you know, the old wooden ones.

I have a problem with motion sickness that I never had before. After my 11th concussion, I started getting miserably sea sick when I went deep sea fishing. I had never had this problem before. We call if "barking at the seals."

I have never heard any physiological explanation for this sudden motion sickness symptom but is is not uncommon.

This will likely be one of the problems that you will have to learn to strive to avoid.

Early in my last concussion, I went for a ride in the country with my wife driving. My head was on a swivel as I looked back and forth at the wild life and other scenery. My decomp was so severe it took me almost a week to get back to normal. The symptoms were not very apparent during the drive. They got worse after the drive.

Live and learn. That is how we go on.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (04-06-2010)