View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Do you mean the coma in Germany or Mexico? I stated this on another post but there are blogs of a few people who did it. The parent does a day to day posting. I am sorry about insurance. I did not think the infusion even is covered cause I know at Dr K I would have to pay out of pocket.Wouldn't they do the infusion first before the coma to see how you respond or no? You are in my thoughts and thanks again.
Thxs D~

The 5 day sleep is not the same as the "coma"..The 5 day is an inpatient sleep..@ Drexel at a moderate does of Ketamine..The coma is 5 days High dose done outside of the US..Germany or Mexico.. Now there is a low dose out patient infusion that ne is awake for..that is 10 days of infusion..4 hrs. for 10 days..I paid out of pocket to see Dr. S inticially also..They explained to me that private ins..has NEVER approved the Ketamine intervention..so I am feeling backed into a corner more than ever now as my RSD ..Dr. S said is whole body and internal..and my ins. won't jump on so .. it is a wash.. but I won't stop appealing it..I absoultely hate the thought of being asleep for the 5days ..it may not become reality anyway so I am not going to fret..and I refuse to put my finances in a downward spin for some pain relief which may last a short time or not at all...Maybe me sounding crazy but kids are going to college soon..

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote