View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 11:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie View Post
Hello,
I had a lumbar fusion in June of this year and since then have had tons of pain and numbness in my legs that actually caused me to fall flat on my face with no warning as my legs went numb and being diabetic I knew my feet were already becoming numb but never caused me to fall.
Anyway my primary doctor gave me Lyrica and it took all the pain away and since it is used to treat nerve damage pain I pretty well know what is wrong but she ordered a nerve conduction study on my legs that is later this month and a friend just told me that it was extremely painful to the point of her screaming and they gave her nothing for the pain and I wondered if anyone here has had one and what I may expect because I am very close to calling my DR and asking for it to be cancelled as I can not handle anymore pain at this time in my life!!
Thanks in advance and sorry for the book I ended up writing!
When I had mine the nurse, or technian, was telling me that they can set the zaps at different levels.

I noticed that she set them quite high for the leg where I had significantly less feeling, and I wondered if she had not, if the test would have shown more ... damage.

It didn't hurt at all, though. Just these tiny little shocks, almost less than the shocks from walking on a carpet and getting those little shocks afterwards when you touch something.

I wonder if it would be all right to take Ibuprofen or something beforehand.

I took 800 mg of Ibuprofen before going to the dentist on Tuesday, and it was great.

I just don't know if it would interfer with the testing.

Anybody know?