View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Here's my 'two cents' worth...

Like you, I try to stay active since my MG is irritating - - but not really bad compared to many here.

I was taking 30mg every 3 - 4 hours ... except on golf days..I was taking 30 mg every 60 minutes...but was still only able to get through somewhere between 9 and 14 holes!! (Golf is my hobby with hubby.)

Last week at neuro apt., we have come up with new 'plan'. They want me to try 60 mg before leaving house, and 30mg after about 2 hours of play. I tried it twice now. Once I made the 18 and once I could only get to 14. (And I was a dish rag the next day bot times!!)

I was warned not to exceed the amount of Mestinon agreed on just to get through the 18 holes - it's not like you keep taking it so that you can 'power through'. (Like Annie said - you could power your way through to the ER!!)

And neuro wants to reevaluate the plan after 4 weeks.

I guess the point is there is I feel really good about having a neuro who is trying to accomodate (within reason) the lifestyle I want to live. But I can already tell, I will be the one making concessions to the MG - not the MG surrendering to the Mestinon.

Pls 'experiment' with your new plan carefully...and perhaps not as agressively as every two hours. Whatever you do, make sure there is someone around who knows what dose your taking, frequency, and who knows what to look for if you have a mishap. Perhaps you will get more options from new neuro consult - -just be a little careful til you see him.

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote