View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey, Sue, I didn't know you golfed! My Mom is an avid golfer too and golfed with my Dad when he was still alive. I do have a few tips, if you don't mind, which you might already do. Make sure you stay hydrated out there. That will help cool down your body. I sure hope you are using a cart too! Bring a protein bar with you, like those Larabars that have just fruit and nuts. Snack on it every few holes, plus drinking some water. And it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit of coffee in your golf bag to sip on once and a while to up the acetylcholine! My Mom doesn't have an acetylcholine problem like I do but she does have a bit less due to older age. Have you ever had a hole in one? My Mom had her first one at age 74.

Abby, I thought you might be pushing too hard. You know, you have to rest your muscles with MG. Drugs only go so far. Even immunosuppressants. You still have to be sensible. And, yes, it's always a good idea to have medical alert cards/info everywhere you can think to put it.

I think it might be worth it to have the SFEMG redone and done in two or three muscle groups. By an expert!!!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote