View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Hey, Sue, I didn't know you golfed! My Mom is an avid golfer too and golfed with my Dad when he was still alive. I do have a few tips, if you don't mind, which you might already do. Make sure you stay hydrated out there. That will help cool down your body. I sure hope you are using a cart too! Bring a protein bar with you, like those Larabars that have just fruit and nuts. Snack on it every few holes, plus drinking some water. And it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit of coffee in your golf bag to sip on once and a while to up the acetylcholine! My Mom doesn't have an acetylcholine problem like I do but she does have a bit less due to older age. Have you ever had a hole in one? My Mom had her first one at age 74.

Annie
Great hints Annie!

I try to stay hydrated (easier when the temps are up a bit) but should do a better job of it on every round. And I do use a cart - and I sip on iced coffee!! ... and still can't make 18 grrrr!

Yes, I have golfed for better than 30 years. Had single digit handicap, one 'hole on one' about twenty years ago. Then had another on January 27, 2010 ...but it didn't actually count (sadly) cuz I was unable to finish 18 holes. (Actually, I was so tired at that point in the round, my first thought was that I didn't have to put!! Had to stop two holes later.)

That's when I decided neuro had to work with me on a better plan (my neuro is a golfer too and completely understood ... hehehe!)

Congrats to your Mom on her hole in one - - it really is a neat feeling!!

My hubby is retiring in just about 10 days and we had always planned to play golf every non-rainy day - -- but I'm very doubtful about my ability to pull this off now. At least I have found that if I play a few holes, skip a few, play a few more - I can last longer. But I am a bit concerned about Houston summer weather and know how careful I must be.

I miss having a handicap and being competitive - but am sincerely grateful that I'm able to do what I can do - for however long I can.

Annie, I'll add the snack - - but do you think there would be benefit in adding a highly salted snack in the hopes I would drink more...or is that too much electrolyte manipulation?

Thanks!
Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote