View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Re fusion.

IO had lumbar fusion in 2003. Since then I have had all, every single one of my internal abdominal organs try to part company with me. Bladder bowel, and reproductive organs. So I have had a hysterectomy, and a repair job to the bladder, and large and small bowel. Then one year later I have had, (Nov 2006) major repair to my large bowel, and half of it was removed. This has now been put down to spinal cord damage. Presently I am undergoing a trial for sacral nerve implant, I have wires going into my spine, and attached to an external machine a bit like a Tens unit, to see if my bowel can be kick started to work again. Unfortunately it hasnt worked. I have one more week of the trial, and then I think I am back to the drawing board. I asked my original spinal surgeon to forward me the results of my scans that were done last year. I got them, but without the radiographers reports. However it looks as though one of the screws is very crooked, possibly even broken. This could be the seat of all my probs. My final word is, if you can get by without the surgery, try to do so. I have been in constant and unrelenting pain ever since, and am now on duragesic (fentanyl) patches, which still does not do a whole lot for the pain.
marijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote