View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghchrst View Post
Risperdal made my child prone to violent outbursts, blind rages and while he still had some of these problems without it, it was nothing compared to what it was with the medication.

I would most definitely stop letting your pediatrician treat her. Find someone in the psych industry do it no matter how far you have to do. See if your local hospital has any resources or recommendations. Good luck, been there.

Risperdal is a potent drug; a psycho-pharmacologist should be considered to include them in your child's treatment team. This state has child advocates through social services. Ask case workers at your mental health center. Ask for references and printed resources for others in the know. For sure you need someone in the psych field! In most cases, mental illness is not treated on parity with a physical illness. It depends entirely on your insurance contract and state law. Go to the emergency room of the hospital, they cannot refuse services if the child is a danger to herself or others.

How a claim is coded is crucial! So the office filing the claim must be experienced in the nuances of diagnosis, treatment and coding, along with supplementary information allowing more significance (additional allowance) to file the claim accordingly. This isn't meant to alarm you but to provide you with information and suggestions on how to proceed in this health care maze, and how it works. Learn the tools and insist to be included in all and any treatment plan for your child.

I have bipolar and have been treated by 5 psychiatrists and been on many different drugs. At the beginning I went along with the phydocs. Now I am doing fairly well and on a drug I can tolerate-that has very mild side affects. Helpful treatments are there for you to consider, and things will improve, believe in that! It is to bad you have to get stressed about this when you need all the stamina you can muster to plow through this. Remember, you are not alone, you will be helped and it will get better!

Please, you must consider yourself too. You may need intermittent medical help for you to cope with so much. Keeping as healthy and rested as you can is very important! Take care, cause we care!
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (04-07-2010)