Thread: Pain from food
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default One thing that helped me...

as far as 'getting a grip' and not knowing where to begin.....was to get a structured diet plant.......because like you, i simply like carbs. And there are just so many carbs in every aspect of my environment....

I noticed my biggest turning point, as far as being able to control the pain....was after i began taking the supplements that target nerve regeneration at the same time i tried a very structured diet plan that centered on the glycemic index.... such as 'Nutri-System' (I'm not an sales advocate of that, just using it as an example). Yes, it's very expensive, but I bought a one-month supply and did exactly as recommended and it was proof positive to me that eating the controlled carb intake worked wonders. I used that 'one month' trial as my baseline of 'self control' and from then on made simple dietary changes, took the supplements, and did exercise that I could tolerate (in my case swimming in the therapy pool at the local health spa). Any type of 'weight-bearing' exercise aggrivated my leg pain...so the therapy pool worked wonders....

It sounds to me as though you see that you MUST make changes.....it's not too late! Make this your 'New Day'......and don't get caught in that trap of feeling like you are 'too far gone' with your weight issue! Don't allow yourself to feel too self-conscious to be seen at the health center! This is your LIFE and you want to SAVE yourself from future major health issues!
The honesty that comes out in your post proves that your life IS worth saving. Become pro-active and make a plan and stick with it!
Keep a journal of your progress......don't get on a weight scale every day.... (that's like the 'watched pot never boils' type of thing )
Maybe once a week, but STAY focused......you CAN do this!

Prayerfully,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote