View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Re Prosavin and Dr palfi

[QUOTE=villiers;619098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanb View Post
Professor Stéphane Palfi commented : "The preclinical proof-of-concept studies together with clinical data from the first two dose levels in the Phase I/II study suggest that ProSavin may provide sustained and meaningful benefit to patients and could reduce or eliminate the debilitating complications associated with oral dopamine replacement therapy. In the initial indication of moderate to late-stage Parkinson's disease, ProSavin potentially offers significant advantages to the current alternatives of Deep Brain Stimulation or mechanical delivery of continuous dopamine."

i think he is ProSavin too.
Hi Villiers

I met Dr Palfi last year in London at a conference at the Royal Holloway. He was very enthusiastic about Prosavin. I asked him at the time that the results may have been down to placebo, but he assured that he felt it was not. I understand they are about to start the next stage of the trials which will involve using something called convection enhanced delivery. This should allow them to use higher more efficaeous doses. Their current low doses have achieved similar results to DBS without the need for wires to be left in the brain.

Did Dr Palfi tell you anything else about Prosavin? Is he still optimistic about its future?

cheers

Martin
MartinC-J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (04-06-2010)