Thread: infection
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Do you have any teeth that are tender? Feel around your mouth. Any area that cold hurts?

Have you given your body a once over? Seriously, have you looked in the mirror for any "signs" of other problems?

Have they checked your stool. Gross, I know. But if you are on immunosuppressants and you add an antibiotic, you need to be on the lookout for clostridium difficile. According to the gastro doc, it has a tendency to not even show up on stool cultures - it likes to hide up there in the GI tract. I assume they have already done blood cultures. Have they? Have they checked your erythrocyte sedimentation rate? Why exactly do they think you have an infection? Sinus issues? High white count?

Look at your fingernails. Do you see anything that looks like a splinter? Splinter hemorrhages are signs of bacterial endocarditis, an infection of the heart. There are other signs too but your doctors should know what to look for!

If they are that concerned about not knowing the source of infection, they should be sending you off to an infectious disease doctor. They deal with that specialty a lot better than other docs. And they may be looking for signs or test results that your other doctors won't even think to look for or do.

Those are my thoughts, Tyson. Anyone else? Bottom line, your doctors need to figure this out.

If you can get a u-shaped neck pillow or neck brace to use while sitting up sleeping, that helps a lot. Keep cool. Ask about Mucinex, though I'm not sure about it's drug interaction status (with your other drugs) or if it's a bad one for MG, since it's a relatively new drug.

I hope you feel better soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote