Thread: Eye Twitching
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Kathie. All we can do is throw suggestions out there. I can't believe no one has even taken a shot at an answer.

Did your primary doc even run a chem panel? It looks at electrolytes, etc. Are you on Calcium AND Vitamin D? Sometimes twitching can be a sign of a calcium deficiency. You have to be on those while on Pred. Some people are more prone to bone density issues.

Do you drink enough fluids? Too much water too quickly can deplete sodium. Though people on Pred tend to be sodium sponges.

Please go back and talk to your primary doctor again. The twitches could just be the MG but people do tend to have electrolyte problems on drugs like Pred and other immunosuppressants.

And this is a silly question. Do you wash your face every night? Some people don't. I don't want to gross you out but we do naturally have some microscopic varmints on us!

Anyway, I hope you and your doc can figure it out. Sometimes we have to put up with some cramping, twitching or spasming of muscles due to MG but don't ever assume it's the MG.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote