Thread: pain after ACDF
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

lolo,

I had my C5/6/7 ACDF back in June '06 and I too am still experiencing the same pre-op pains. I'm all too familiar with the pains you are having and was sent for another EMG/NCS and it showed bi-lateral carpal tunnel and bilateral ulnar nerve problems. The symptoms you are describing sound like they are being caused by your ulnar nerve which would go along with the pain in the ring and pinky fingers. You may want to request an EMG/NCS to see if the nerves are being compressed somewhere and causing these pains.

My EMG/NCS showed global sensory slowing in the upper extremities and motor conduction latency greater than 10ms in the ulnar nerve. I was sent to a hand/upper extremity surgeon for a consult by my OS, who agreed that I have moderate carpal tunnel bilaterally, but he felt the ulnar nerve problems were neuropathic and possibly coming from my neck and shoulder areas so he sent me to see a neurologist. The neurologist did a brief exam and then ordered a blood test. The blood test came back normal and the neuro called and said he had nothing else to offer me & didn't know what to tell me. So now I've got to go back to my spinal OS and see what the next step is. Not having answers is so frustrating, but hang in there and demand answers. We need to be pro-active in our health care since we are the ones living with this pain daily.

Best wishes,

Kim
6/22/06 - ACDF C5-C6-C7
slipnslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote