Thread: *Knock On Wood*
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default *Knock On Wood*

Hi All

I really don't like to say this without knocking on some sort of wood but I FEEL GOOD.

I am not running marathons or lifting weights or anything like that but I am feeling so good and I haven't for quite some time.

I had been on prednisone, imuran and mestinon since Nov. 08. Well I asked my dr to consider tapering the pred because I was not happy with the side effects. I tapered down and took my last pred pill in mid January. Around the same time I got a cold. The muscle weakness got much worse and my breathing started to be affected. The other neuros wanted to start pred again but I asked to hold off until I could see my neuro. My neuro agreed to hold off and agreed to start a monthly IVIG treatment plan.

I am currently on my third monthly treatment and I can't believe how well I am doing. Actually able to walk and not look like I have been drinking. My eyelids are also in a ggod place. I just wanted to tell you because I know that there are a lot of you are struggling with pred as I was for a year. The side effects are not fun.

Thanks for listening and have a happy day. Melanie
rezmommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote