Thread: How do I feel
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Functional Assessment

Hi,
This was a functional Assessment. Spent 2 1/2 hours squeezing, pulling, raising , lowering, walking, measuring my strength and stamina. They do an assessment of what I can do and what I can't, write it up on a report to go to the Neurologist. They also tell them what is abnormal and normal for my age and person, I guess. My gosh, they can't tell by watching me walk, I must be making it up!! Very depressing......
A place called Progressive Rehab, a physical therapist does the assessment.

Makes me wonder what will i have to do next , Good Grief. I guess I need to fall down in front of them, and get run over!!
Deb

QUOTE=SandyC;640556]I don't understand. Who is going to watch you, the doctors office or family? Either way if you have a bunch of lesions why on earth do they need to "watch" you? I agree a simple explanation is all that should be needed. Notes or a journal of symptoms is usually the preferred item to bring to an appointment. Jim has never been "watched" when diagnosed. Is this something new?

Either way, good luck to you and if this neuro still isn't sure, I think you might want to consider a second opinion.[/QUOTE]
debw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (04-06-2010), SandyC (04-07-2010)