Old 04-06-2010, 03:48 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default true too

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarddavis3 View Post
I agree that the video is confusing and leaves out some important data. For instance, how long and how fast a PD patient has to peddle to see a benefit. I think it has been known for a long time that exercise is beneficial to PD patients. I know that playing soccer helps me, but it doesn't stop my tremors completely. Does the steady rhythm of the pedaling of a bike have something to do with the seemingly improvement experienced by PD patients? What experiments were done and what were the results? It seems to me that this is at least an indication that there is some very important things to be learned about the relationship between the brain and the rest of the body. I am going to study this more deeply.

best wishes, Howard Davis
I agree that there is nothing new here. I have to remember that this is for a lay audience and that not everyone [even with pd] has seen much about it.

And it's not a breakthrough for most pwp.

But having it 20+ yrs and being online for more than a decade,I've seen many examples of what i think is rhythm induced movement. For awhile i could walk backwards but festinated trying to walk forward. i knew a guy who ran marathons but couldn't walk..he could run with no problem. I can dance and do the hula hoop when music is blaring. And then stutterers don't stutter when they sing.

i've always felt like our brain has a rhythm to it that is disrupted.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote