View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ada,
Have you ever tried taking Benedryl for sleeping. Alot of times it will be the first thing doctors suggest one trying. It worked great for me for years. They started me out with the dose it comes in, 25mgs & then increase it to 50, 75 & even 100mgs if needed to get to sleep. When I had to increase it, he wrote me a script for it as that was cheaper than buying OTC at that time. Anymore I don't have any problem falling to sleep or staying asleep, if I didn't wake up & have to pee or because of sweating or the dog waking me up. I fall asleep reading & watching TV all the time. I feel like I could sleep all day sometimes.

I am going to be going for a sleep study soon to see if I have Central Sleep Apnea cause by the dose of pain meds I take. I truly don't want to not wake up one morning because my brain forgets to tell me to take a breath

Thought maybe the suggestion of using Benedryl, btw I bought the store brand of benedryl, same active ingredients, as it was cheaper. You can ask your doctor about trying it first, in fact I suggest you talk it over with him.

Debby
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote