View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM View Post
Just wanted to forward my experience with Prednisone. Dr. prescribed it to combat a serious outbreak of Psoriasis as follows;

Take six 5 mgs of APO-Prednisone in am daily for 7 days.
Take four 5 mgs daily for 4 days
Take two 5 mgs daily for 3 days.

Within 6 hrs of 1st dose, I could feel an improvement generally in my well being. Between 24-30 hrs PD symptoms had diminished noticeably. At approx. 48 hrs I FELT NORMAL and estimate 90% reduction in symptoms. Only a minor twitch in my left hand remained. Gone was the slow walk, weakness, bent neck, & slow speech. My strength and attitude returned to normal and I was able to go out on my ATV and clear a 1/2 mile of bush trails that I started a yr or so ago.
Harry,

Even as the doseage decreased to the 4, 5mg, pills a day the positive effects continued till the 2nd day of two pills a day and thats when the symptoms slowly started to return.

Only negative side effect was increased blood sugar levels - pretty high - but that can be treated. And for as good as I felt, I"ll take the diabetic risk. I've had diabetes for 20 yrs.

I'm going to the Dr. today to discuss the possibility of treatment with Prednisone.

I emailed my experience to every PD researcher I could find on the net.

I hope this info will be of interest to you.

HM
Harry,
My old dog has been given a course of prednisone for seizures 3 times and goes from acting like old dogs do to a young thing in no time!
My husband thinks I should try some!
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote