View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

After reading the above posts, I feel I am in a constant state of decompression. I know what certain triggers are (bike riding, running, exercising too hard), but these are things that I love to do and besides the headaches that follow I feel better about myself and that helps with my mood.

It's the things that are not controllable (bumps in the road, going through round-abouts in our town, looking from side to side too fast, etc.) that I have a hard time with.

Mark, just the thought of going on a roller coaster makes me want to vomit! The movement of my brain from side to side would kill me.

After 15 months, I cannot stand bright lights, am very sensitive to sound (work next to a loud lady), can't stand being in a huge group of people. Sometimes when I get home at night I am just wiped from the day and it is not a physical thing, it is definitely a mental thing.

I have constant headaches ranging from dull to full blown migraines. Prior to the accident, I probably had one migraine once a year. In the last 3 weeks, I have had three. My neuro told me that people who are prone to migraines have a longer recovery time. I have tried a few medications. The first was nortriptyline which had side effects that I didn't like. The last was propranolol which helped with the headaches, but lowered my blood pressure so much that I was winded just walking up a flight of stairs. So, now I am not taking anything. Sometimes ibuprofen helps and sometimes it doesn't.

I am trying to make gradual changes as to changing the things that trigger decompensation, but it is not easy.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote