View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Alex,

Could the flipper appliance be pinching that area of gum tissue making it sore? Have you specifically pointed out that spot to your dentist? He may be able to adjust it so it's more comfortable. It's not unusual to have several adjustments to the flipper as the extraction site is healing and then again after the implant is put in. You will be wearing that flipper for several more months so it really needs to be as comfortable as possible and shouldn't be making anything feel sore.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
Has anyone ever worn a dental flipper or know if it ever feels completely comfortable? I had my front tooth pulled almost 4 weeks ago and have had my dentist adjust it two times already. But there is a spot that is still sore on my gum right next to my other front tooth. In between were the other front tooth is and the flipper sits. I guess you would say it is in the extraction site itself, but on the side.

Anyways, I didn’t know if you will always have some discomfort with them. It feels better then it did when I first started wearing it, but I just want it to feel comfortable. I even went back to the oral surgeon because I was still having discomfort and was worried about the healing and he said everything was healing fine.

Any suggestions? I am definitely looking forward to my dental implant!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote