Old 04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Unhappy Hello mom of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 View Post
I'm new to this site..I was diagnosedwith RSD about 7 months ago the pain was so horriable I thought I would go crazy, mine started when a display of canopies fell on my heel of my right foot crushing my foot it was awful I had my scs surgery on Feb 24,2010 and after a couple weeks started feeling great was able to walk and also started driving again but then last week the swelling and color change along with the spasms came back also in my left foot..when I turn the device up its way to strong and shocks the heck out of me..I am a mom of 3 little girls and its killing me that I'm not there for them do you know any other treatments that can possibly help? or am I expecting to much to soon..

I am SO sorry to hear this!!
RSD is IMO the meanest condition on the face of this planet.
So, your left foot had NO pain prior to the SCS, is this correct? And since then, now BOTH of your feet have the pain?! Oh my!

So, at first you had great results and were feeling good. Now recently the pain is returning.....
As far as the 'shocking' you describe from turning the SCS up higher, I'm hoping that will be a simple matter of a re-program session. Have you gone for any 'tweeking' yet? Hopefully they will be able to create a few new programs with adjustments to the parameter and amplitudes. And the pulse width (or rate) seems to make more of a 'smooth' sensation the faster it is set on. I don't like the 'thumping' feeling it creates when the pulse is slowed down to under say....25) - Medtronic Model.....not sure how the other companies are programmed or designed.

Is your doctor aware of what's going on?
Please let us know what he has to say about this! Maybe the reprogramming will help.....but if you are dealing with an RSD spread, PLEASE make sure the Dr is aware! Don't let him put you off!

Prayerfully
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote