View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry to hijack the threat - but I agree with Artist -->

a) Kelly = what about sending your dad to a rheumatologist? they are sometimes very useful and would be able to assess for some others things that cause the RSDy symptoms - or maybe a pain management dr would also help?

b) HwRSD - I have had thousands (not quite) hours of physio - when I was first diagnosed with it in right arm I had inpatient physio/ OT/ hydro for months and then as the RSD spread I continued with inpatient physio/ OT/ hydro etc etc etc...... This has not stopped the spread of my RSD and in some cases we wonder if it has worsened the spread - I do believe that physio is an important part of management/ recovery but at the same time I don't believe it stops the spreading - so refs for that would be very interesting!

Thanks

and Kelly - I really hope that things improve for your dad. It is always possible that he has 2 different conditions - like RSD/ nerve entrapment or something affecting his thighs and then neuropathy in his feet - but I could be totally wrong - I am not a dr. Could be worth looking at the two conditions seperately though? As artist said RSD rarely seems to jump from foot to thigh without knee/ calf involvement .

Take Care all!!

Rxxxxxxx