Thread: Locked cursor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Okay. I am trying to get the mouse working again. After the first (I think) unplug/ replug I got it to work for a few seconds before dying again. I have done that a few more times and it refuses to return to life. I took the mouse apart and cleaned all the gunk out of its inards and still it won't work. Couldn't believe the filth in there.

I'm going to look at the shortcuts page and see if I can figure out how to pull up the screens needed to get me to a troubleshooting page for the mouse. There has to be a way to do it but it will probably take this dummy all night to stumble my way there.

I looked for driver information and couldn't find anything. I forget if the mouse came with a disc or not. Didn't realize how much they have changed over the years. I think what I have is optical.

Maybe this would save me some headaches... I have the same model on an other computer. Could I just switch mice and see if I still have a problem somewhere? Don't laugh folks! I'm just the kind of person the for dummies and idiots series of books was written.

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-07-2010)