View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Low doses

Laura-
There is something about low dose approaches that I haven't quite gotten my mind around. There is this one and the LDN. Then there is dextromethorphan which has one effect at a very low dose and an entirely different one at a slightly higher dose.

It is almost as if there is a low dose effect that is quickly overwhelmed as it increases. Mucuna is another. Curcumin as well.

A clue may be found in the action of toxins. Repeated exposure to tiny amounts of environmental poisons can be far more deadly than a single, but much larger, one. The latter permits your detox systems to deal with it and repair to begin. The former just wears you down. Maybe a little bit of some of these triggers repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Hmmm...why isn't TEVA jumping all over this? It seems to me that they could even reformulate Azilect with ECGC and market it as truly neuroproctive. This study sounds way more conclusive than the recent ADAGIO delayed start research that showed conflicting results. In fact, this study rather supports the ADAGIO finding that Azilect was neuroprotective at 1 mg only (no benefit for people at 2 mg).

I have a stash of Azilect samples in my hall closet. I had to stop taking it due to joint pain side effect; the White Rat in me is oh so tempted to now experiment with this.

Also wonder how this low, below therapeutic dose finding relates to the DX and Naltrexone approach to neuroprotection?

Laura
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote