View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks to Laura and Chemar for the reply. My son was tapered off of the risperdal while starting the abilify. He's a good size kid at 5'9" and almost
160 lbs. (Husbands 6'5"!) So maybe the dose is according to his size. What we really feel he needs is an antianxiety med along with the abilify, maybe xanax? He has anxiety as well, but the anxiety comes with the increase in the tics. Poor kid is afraid to be around alot of people, really feel for him. He , nor we, have had to experience tics to this degree before all these years, so needless to say, it's stressful. His present dr. (since he's been 6yrs) doesn't want to perscribe an antianxiety. This is a Cleveland Clinic dr. since we live so close, but now we are going to move on and switch dr.'s in hope of helping the poor kid, he's miserable. Have an appointment with new dr. this coming Thursday. I've read alot of threads in which other children are on xanax or another form of antianxiety med. My husband and I are both Rn's so we understand the meds, but the alilify is new to us.
marge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote