View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gluten free 5 months - neuropathy changing

I originally posted this in the gluten sensitivity/celiac disease forum, but MrsD suggested I post it here, too, in hopes of finding someone with both gluten sensitivity and peripheral neuropathy issues.

I have dx for gluten sensitivity (double dq1, non-celiac variety), plus positive tests for sensitivity to soy, casein & yeast. I also have a dx for peripheral neuropathy, which started about two years ago. (My B12 levels are normal.)

After finding the link between gluten & neuropathy, I've been eating gluten free for 5 months and soy, casein and yeast free for about 2 months. Lately I've noticed my symptoms for peripheral neuropathy have changed. For the past 2 years I've had progressive numbness in my feet, and more recently tips of the fingers. No tingling, more that "altered state" like you're wearing a sock. Occasionally I'd get those electric shocks up the legs, too. But in the last few weeks I've noticed more burning on the bottom of my feet, more shock-like pains in my toes, and my feet are aching much more than they used to.

Has anyone else experienced this after going gluten free? I'm hoping it's a good sign that the nerves are coming back to life. I would like to hear from anyone who has both of these problems to see if there is a possibility of getting my feeling back.
newgfcali is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote