Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Welcome collinsc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsc View Post
I have bipolar disorder so I fit in this class but I am also searching for anyone who suffers from neurocardiogenic syncope or syncope episodes period. I have this problem and I have no one who understands what I am going through. My family is great with me but they cannot help, the doctors in my area are not sure what to do with me, my therapist is worried that I am in a depressed bipolar state because of this, and I am lost. If anyone in this community has this condition or knows someone who does I would love to talk to you!
just wanted to say hello and welcome you here!

Also thank you for your thoughtful post in BlueMajo's thread

I'm afraid i don't have experience with sycope. someone here may though... or may know someone... may not know the term though... folks in general syncope is the medical term for fainting.

the docs haven't been able to help you - reduce the incidence of episodes at all? are you on any meds for bipolar?

i see in this page (you have to scroll down to the treatments section)

http://www.hrtcare.com/neurosyn.asp

that a variety of antidepressants are sometimes helpful. and, if you can tolerate them (being bipolar that is an IF), that could kill two birds with one stone - reduce incidence of syncope and reduce your depression?

wishing you well... keep posting.

~ waves ~