View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
just wanted to say hello and welcome you here!

Also thank you for your thoughtful post in BlueMajo's thread

I'm afraid i don't have experience with sycope. someone here may though... or may know someone... may not know the term though... folks in general syncope is the medical term for fainting.

the docs haven't been able to help you - reduce the incidence of episodes at all? are you on any meds for bipolar?

i see in this page (you have to scroll down to the treatments secti

that a variety of antidepressants are sometimes helpful. and, if you can tolerate them (being bipolar that is an IF), that could kill two birds with one stone - reduce incidence of syncope and reduce your depression?

wishing you well... keep posting.

~ waves ~
I am on meds for the bipolar problem and normally they work well the only problem is that I am so overwhelmed that they arent. Doctors have put me on so many different drugs for the bipolar and the fainting but nothing works for the fainting. My blood pressure is too low then fine, my sodium is low then fine, etc. Nothing is consistent. Been dealing with this stuff for almost three years now with no solution or permanent diagnosis. I have just had enough, I really just feel defeated. Most of the time I just want to sleep or all I do is cry. I am scared to walk around my own house in fear that I may have one of these fainting spells. I actually do not really want to get off of my couch it is so bad. Last week I had three fainting spells. Who lives like this? Who would want to? I know I don't!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for listening to me.
collinsc
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-08-2010), Dmom3005 (04-12-2010)