View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

SOMETHING VERY FUNNY HAPPENED TODAY. I HAD MY FIRST WII LESSON.

I went for a walk to the local gaming store in my vicinity and there on a pedestal was this WII.

You're gonna laugh your heads off when I tell this story.

So I walk in, I see the WII and looked to the right and there were two teenagers playing a Playstation thing.

I look at the WII thing and notice there is no tv so I'm saying to myself "How do I view this thing, is it connected???". I must have mumbled this out loud, when the two teens came over and said "Oh, you like the WII?" and I said "yeah, but it's not connected".

They go, "sure it is". and I go "where's the tv?" and they laughed and pressed some thingee on the controller and all of a sudden SOMETHING came to life in front of me and there was this WII INFORMATION ON SOME SCREEN

I said "Oh, that's a monitor, not a TV?" They must have thought I lost my mind.

They left, and there I was looking at this screen and holding a controller in my right hand and some other thing with a button in my left hand, and I looked like a stupid idiot, (I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE).

Well, it seems that there was this family in the back of the store, and the 5 year old little boy wandered away and came over to me.

I looked down at him, I handed him the controller and the other thingee and said "Here, show me how to use this".

He grabbed the controller thingees and went to town. All of a sudden on the screen was all this writing telling me about how the world had a nuclear explosion and it was the year 2020.

I look at the kid and he can't read and I start reading him the story (don't ask me why I did this but I did this).

A sales guy comes over and says to the both of us "Oh you have a WII at home?" I look at him and say "This kid's not with me, I asked him to teach me the WII?" The guy burst out laughing and walked away.

So I'm standing there watching this kid playing some game and I said "Where is the dancing?"? He doesn't know what I 'm talking about but he's pressing buttons on the controller and he's playing some war game.

So his family comes to collect him, and I'm left standing with two controller thingees AND I STILL HAVE NO CLUE.

The people behind the counter must have thought I was a complete fool.

I walk over to some young guy who worked there and I blurted out "I want to do the Jingo La dance thing," and he said "Ah!!! you want the Wi Fitness", with the Balance Board". I said "Don't give me no balance board, I don't want my weight splashed all over the screen." Whereupon everyone got hysterical and I started asking my questions.

The WII unit is $199.99 and it comes with one controller and no balance board. The Just Dance game (which features the dances that I like), is on sale for $29.99. I got the information, walked back over to the WII and picked up the controller. Don't forget I HAVE NO CLUE how to use this thing.

I notice there are two buttons that say 1 and 2. I call over to the guy, "what's with the No. 1 and No. 2" and do you believe he answers me with:

"They are Buttons".

I look at him and say out loud "YA THINK???" I know what buttons are, what do they do?" He says "Well, it depends on the game?" then I ask him "What's the A do on the controller?" and the guy goes "it depends on the game".

I'm really doing good so far don't ya think? Still don't have a clue. So I walk back and say "do you have a demo of the Just Dance game". and they said "no, we only have the games that are in that WII".

So I now know that a WII console costs $199, and I don't have to buy the balance board. It comes with one controller, and the Just Dance game costs $29.99 and if I buy a console, it connects to the front of my tv with the red white and yellow thingees.

But I have no clue how to use the controller.

AND I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE AGAIN. I felt like a complete idiot.

But not to worry. SOME DAY!!!!

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote