View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Nicky, sorry people are treating you that way.

I have to admit that most people treat me nice when they know I have MG. Most of my family pretend nothing is wrong, but now that I think about it most of them don't make an effort to talk to me much, and these are the ones that live far away.

I don't understand why two members of my family treat me with such a lack of understanding, I get a lot of "oh, your just trying to make me feel bad" or similar things. If I could I would hide the way I feel but MG has other plans.

Sometimes I get ordered around, which never happened before MG, like I have something wrong with my mind...I have gotten mad about this and said that I may be weak and have some issues but that nothing is wrong with my mind and don't need to be told what to do.

Ok, so this subject made me angry. Yes, people treat me differently and I find myself getting distant from people because it hurts.

I wish I could make it better.

On the good side, the people I work for (I am self employed and have 24 ongoing customers) are very nice and understanding. When I got MG I had to tell them something since I was unable to work for a while and I decided to be honest with them about MG (I thought it best to tell them since I look kind of funny sometimes with the lopsided face and the occasional limp). All of them were understanding and very nice and concerned. Of course I am picky when choosing people I work for and this must have been part of the reason they are so nice, I only work for nice people. To this day all of them ask occasionally how I am doing. And I am still working for them so this is great! I couldn't ask for better people to work for.

As for me, I need to work on finding friends since I really don't have any now. I did have a few friends but since I am rarely able to do any of my previous activities with them, these friendships are fading if not gone...

Nicky, sorry for venting my frustrations in your post. I found myself unable to answer your question simply and just had to let it all out.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote