View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Nicky, Yes.

Sometimes my family members think they needed to "take care" of me, or "handle" me. Nope, don't need that.

My friends have accepted me for who I am.

Complete strangers are always giving me funny stares when I park in the Handicapped parking places or use the carts in the stores. Makes me feel like I'm in a zoo.

Though I have never had anyone try to "fix" me, like you have. Are your friends Freemasons? Cause what's up with the evil eye crap? You have an unhappy immune system, which probably was "fixed" by your genetics or something equally out of your control. Maybe they feel helpless and what to do anything they can think of to help. Only they know.

I refer to this in my book. This isn't the best resource for this but probably the most interesting. You have to go all the way back to Hippocrates to get a good read on this topic. Way back when, like you said, before Christ, doctors thought that people needed to purge bodily fluids from their body to get better. Yeah, like bloodletting. There is actually a reference to bulimia in Hippocrates' writing. Back then, they called these fluids the "Four Cardinal Humors."

http://intraspec.ca/temper0.php

It's interesting but no one ever got anywhere by labeling people in such a black and white way.

Do you think your friends will bring in an exorcist too?!

I think what we need most is someone to talk to, to treat us "normal" and to accept and love us for who we are under this damn disease. At least that's what I need.

Susan, I wish you had more supportive people around you. It's so hard to have friends because socializing is so hard.

Abby, Our "normal" is not other people's normal. So when you tell someone who isn't sick that, My legs are really weak today," they may be very concerned. They might even go into panic mode. It's the same as them saying they had a tough day at work. Our disease becomes our job and we complain about it just like they do their job.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (04-09-2010)