View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey guys,

Suev,

It doesn't bother me too much...It does in the moment, if I have to be around them, but otherwise, I know that it's their ignorance, not mine...I find it a bit funny that people could believe things like that- that a person could get an illness because God is punishing them or because someone cursed them...It frustrates me more than anything, but because I don't know them that well, and have trouble talking when I get frustrated, I don't say much....I just try my best to get away from them as quickly as possible...lol...I do have a few stones now, though, which look pretty, so that's good...Sometimes, the beliefs are in a spirit of kindness, and that's nice...

Stellatum,

Oh boy...It frustrates me to no end when someone thinks that the drugs I take are painkillers or something (mestinon, immunosuppresants, pred.), or that if I eat more honey and/or halal meat, I will get better...It's just because I'm eating bad foods that I got this...The medication thing is the most annoying, though, since some think that they are almost optional when they so aren't! I know what you mean...I describe it that way too- that it's a muscle weakness disease, but those words don't really convey the degree of it well....hehe

Desert,

Don't worry...I started this for everyone...Talk away! I know what you mean about the friends thing, and feeling lonely...I feel that way too...There are lots of things going on right now, but I don't have the energy or muscle strength to be involved enthusiastically...I always worry that I will be a bummer for everyone, and rain on the parade...The fatigue I feel and the fact taht my face gets weak just flat-out makes me *look* like a bummer/gloomy gus, I think...My fam., friends complain that I never come out...I know taht I should, but I don't have the energy to go to parties anymore, or be in situations where I have to socialize with lots of people I don't know....I feel like a big baby...But I *want* to want to do those things again, but right now, I just don't feel like it...I feel like I'll have to explain, 'Oh, if my speech gets incomprehensible, please note that I'm not wasted, I have this disease...' It just seems like such a weird thing to have to go through in such a setting...*sigh*lol

Sorry about your friendships...You still have us, though! And guess what, you're just feeling sick right now...You'll feel better again, and will be able to make new friends! That's how I feel about my situation...i get really depressed sometimes, but I know that I'll feel happy again...Something will budge, and I'll either adjust to this, or a miracle will happen, and it'll subside! Same for us all

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (04-09-2010)