Thread: SSDI and travel
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles927 View Post
I also dont see why a weekend vaca to Vegas would be out of hand. I cant sit or stand or walk for long stretches of time, but I certainly can walk a block or too and then go sit by a slot machine for 20 minutes and then move on. I can manage to sit through a show (although I have to get up once or twice and move around) and I certainly can lie by the pool for a bit..

The Vegas comment made me laugh.

6 months after I injured my neck at work, my mom took my sister and I to Las Vegas to celebrate my 40th birthday. Long plane ride from Boston, awful pain by the time we got there. Spent a long time in bed and on cervical traction. Finally get to the blackjack table and order a drink.....Woo Hoo vacation can begin......I turned to tip the waitress just as my work supervisor passes by......OOPS !

I felt 5 inches high.

The thing is......I shouldn't have. She saw me when I finally had decent control of my pain. She didn't see the hellish 24 hours before that.

I understand WC needs to validate that people are not abusing the system. The van with video equipment was seen multiple times on my road (I live in a secluded area.....stood out like a sore thumb, neighbors, my husband, and my kids all saw the investigator). As far as I know, he only has pics of me in my chair or me laying in bed, plus my car in the driveway. I have certainly done things over the years that I shouldn't because it worsens my pain.....say bringing in 1 grocery bag. Take pictures of that......but also take them of me being bedbound for a week after that.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote