View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I will tell you that the vascular TOS surgeries seem to have better overall outcomes.

Have they said what exactly is causing the vascular or nerve problems?
extra cervical rib or large bones, large muscles or ligaments?

Of course with vascular there is a risk of clots, I'm sure they have mentioned that.
Are both the veins and arteries affected- have they clarified that?
Certain vascular issues do need to be surgically addressed.

For myself I would want to know these details.
exactly what the issues are
exactly what the surgeon proposes.
I would want to see the films and scans and have them show me what and where the problems are.
And get second /third opinions from top surgeons...to see if they all agree.

Do you think the PT was an advanced one?
What things were they trying for her?

I always come up with so many more questions....sorry..

Have you considered an evaluation by a very expert chiropractor?
Posture , alignment might be very helpful to look into.
I will say that I had the best help from my chiropractor and also an advanced PT {a highly regarded PT teacher}.
Along with adjustments my chiro uses low level laser, IF stim, TrP, he is very well rounded with his therapies.

Hyper mobile? that can play a big part.

Our useful sticky threads above the main threads list is full of best tips, polls, saved posts & sites - be sure to look thru those, it's like a crash course for TOS. alternative therapies too.
and a drs/PT listing - you might check thru those .

I will say that is she really does need to have a surgery- that a teen I think will recover much better than the middle agers that had surgery.
And I think many more have successful surgeries than post here or on other sites- most likely they are doing well and moving on with life.

My niece had a 9 level spine fusion 2 yrs ago -due to severe scoliosis and she is doing very well.

Vascular & the extra c spine surgeries seem to be the ones that do best, the nerve sx may or may not improve.

I'm not a surgery fan , but sometimes it is necessary if clots are a factor.

There are the 3 D MRIs that supposedly show things clearer - but I haven't heard much about them from anyone here for awhile.

I didn't realize I wrote a book....LOL

but if surgery isn't a necessity now or yet...

I would try Sharon Butlers TOS program { actually I did get it and so much was helpful} www.selfcare4rsi.com
Posture & Alexander or Feldenkrias type body work
Expert well rounded chiropractor or both a expert DC & advanced PT - {what was dd's injury?}

You can find lots of posture, TOS, triggerpoint videos on google videos or youtube - it really helps to see and watch how & what the various techniques are. some are helpful and some maybe not.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Prudence (04-09-2010)