Thread: SSDI and travel
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Reading all of this sort of makes me cringe. I have one of those disorders with good days and bad days. On good days I am able to ride the lawn mower for a couple of hours as long as I stay hydrated and take stretching breaks (this "normality" is the "best medicine" for my psyche). On bad days I go from my bed to the recliner and back. Everytime I go to my neuro, he INSISTS that I exercise as MUCH as possible -- he prefers that I WALK -- a mile or two a day would please him mightily. Of course, MOST days, this simply isn't possible. But, to think that people are SPYING on me!!!

I told SS the TRUTH -- that I have good days and bad days -- the BAD far outweigh the good. I could NEVER work 8 hours -- I can't even go 8 hours without resting SEVERAL times on GOOD days. I am NEVER left alone -- one step away from choking/breathing crisis and the ER. My friends and neighbors KNOW this, but still -- just thinking that people are spying on me -- that just adds to the stress that I do NOT need -- and stress makes my condition MUCH worse!!!