View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New with questions...

Hi all! My name's Jaimee. I'm in the process of being checked for Myasthenia Gravis after 3 yrs of misdiagnoses, theories and assumptions. I go to the Neuro Monday and really have no idea what to expect, but I'm hopeful for answers. I'm a mom of 4 little ones and this has been a struggle. I think more than the weakness, trouble and sometimes even pain, I struggle most with people not seeming to believe that I'm having trouble! I guess because they can't always see my weakness or difficulty or because they haven't seen me at my worst... I am wrestling with my attitude right now because I would love to just rub it in everyone's faces when I finally do get a diagnosis. But more than anything, I want to feel better and stronger and more able to care for my family and follow through with the things that I'm passionate about.

Anyway, I'm wondering-- What can I expect from my first appt. with the Neuro? It's been 2 years since I've been to a Dr. and the last round eliminated MS, Meniere's disease, fibromyalgia, lyme disease, and chronic fatigue syndrome... but brought up the question of Hemiplegic Migraine (w/o head pain)-- I know! Crazy!

If I am not in horrible shape at the time of my appt, will she still be able to do all the tests or whatever is necessary to find an answer? I have been in kind of a chronic state of low level symptoms (following a more severe exacerbation) since the beginning of March when I had a head cold, attended a birth as a doula and then allergy season hit hard and heavy. My biggest fear is that I will get in there after all this waiting and hoping and still have no answer. No way of coping.

If you read this all the way through, thanks. I can be long-winded. And I am a bit anxious about what the outcome of this appt. will be. I thought maybe to be amongst people dealing with some of the same issues may be helpful.
Jaimee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote