View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Since this came about from an injury, have they tried a cortisone shot into the shoulder/surrounding area? The reason I ask is I injured my shoulder/brachial plexus about 21 months ago. I experienced significant vascular and neurologic symptoms from the onset due to the nature of the injury. The shoulder surgeon suggested a cortisone shot which really helped the nerves settle down. The vascular symptoms took longer but have significantly settled down since I finally had shoulder surgery. Nerve symptoms reappeared about 3 months post-op so they suspect 1) labrum didn't reattach (failed surgery), 2) developed TOS from injury/shoulder surgery, 3) rotator cuff problem has developed, or 4) combination of a couple of these.

How did she injury the area? Have they identified anything wrong with the shoulder? If the shoulder isn't functioning correctly, then the area is compromised which can lead to the vascular symptoms. Given the significant vascular symptoms and that it came from an injury, see if they can do something about calming the muscles down in the shoulder/front chest area.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote