View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HA!

That is hilarious...In my search of MG articles in the past, I've come across so much veterinary literature as well...It seems like animals are treated better than humans, for the most part...Whenever I'd read the case history of the creature's sx, they would describe what seemed like mild weakness in the animal, and the animal would get diagnosed appropriately...For humans, it's a different story, isn't it? lol

A kinda strange thing I came across before is the high prevalence of thymoma in Nubian goats....I was like, "alright, have I been eating too much grass lately?" lol

Anyway, I certainly hope that I don't have MMD, but I always wonder about it with some of my problems...The bulbar sx I have respond well to PLEX, but the stiffness, shoulder, hand weakness, not so much...Those were my first areas of weakness, though....Maybe I have too much damage to my acetylcholine receptors in those areas because the disease went on for too long, if it were indeed caused by MG...It certainly is fatiguable, so maybe...I've had progressive hand weakness for many, many years...

Thanks for the links, Annie! You made me feel better! I mean, it sucks to have these problems, but the idea of a progressive disease is very upsetting...But on the other hand, if that's what it is, that's what it is! It's better to know, than not!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote